- Our "Websites", including, but not limited to:
- Our “Social Media Pages”, located at:
- Email messages that we may send to you.
- Offline, through interactions with our staff, for example when you contact us for Customer or Technical support by telephone or fax or when you visit us at a trade show.
1. What is Personally Identifiable Information?
“Personally Identifiable Information” (PII) is information that identifies you as an individual or relates to another identifiable living individual, examples of PII include:
- Your Name
- Your Postal Address (including billing and shipping addresses)
- Telephone/Fax Number
- E-Mail Address
- IP Address
- Credit or Debit Card Number
- Customer Number
- Driver’s License or other forms of official ID (e.g., When you visit our offices)
- Internal Account ID
2. Collection of Personally Identifiable Information
We, and our service providers (see Annex 1), may collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) in a variety of ways, known collectively as “NOVAETECH Services”, including:
- Through our “On-line Services”: We may collect PII through one or more on-line services provided by Novaetech Srl:
- When you visit our website, via Cookie, MAC address and/or IP address information.
- When you sign up for a newsletter.
- When you request a catalogue, quotation or on-line chat.
- When you make a purchase on our website or by e-mail.
- When you communicate with us via e-mail.
- List of cookies we collect
You can find the cookies we collect by click on the URL green padlock bar as shown for example in the image below:
- Through our “Off-line Services”: We may collect PII from you offline, such as:
- When you attend one of our trade shows.
- When you place an order by telephone, by fax or by postal mail.
- When you contact customer services by telephone, by fax or by postal mail.
- When you visit one of our offices.
- When Making Payments: We may use a third-party payment service to process payments made through our On-line and Off-line Services. If you wish to make a payment through these Services, your PII will not held or stored by us, it will be collected by our third-party payment processors, who specialize in the secure capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
3. Use of Personally Identifiable Information and the Legal Basis for Processing under GDPR
We, and our service providers, may use PII as follows:
- Contract Fulfilment
Note: For European Union customers, contract fulfillment will be performed by Novaetech Srl, located in the Italy.
- To fulfill your online or offline orders, your quotation or catalog requests or to provide you with any other related customer services.
- To send administrative information to you, such as changes to our terms, conditions and policies.
We require the above information for the purposes of Contract Fulfilment. You have requested, and we will deliver to you, products or services, or to inform you of any significant changes to the conditions under which we do business.
- Legal Obligation
- For legitimate business purposes such as fraud monitoring and prevention, identity checks, audits, adherence to local strategic export controls surrounding transfer of technical data, accountancy related filings or security alerts in connection with your Novaetech Srl account.
We require the above information for the purposes of Legal Obligation as detailed above and required by applicable local laws in one or more of the countries in which we operate.
- To send you Marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you including:
- Educational content: Whitepapers, e-books etc.
- Product Announcements and promotions
- Webinar Invites
- Local Events including Trade Shows, training sessions etc.
- Monthly Newsletter
- Company news flashes and initiatives.
- To personalize your experience of our Online Services by presenting products and offers tailored to you, both on our Websites and on Social Media Pages.
- To assist us in developing new products, enhancing, improving or modifying our Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and operating and expanding our business activities.
- To send you Marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you including:
We will ask for your Consent for any of the above functions and will send marketing communications to you only if you consent to receive them.
- Legitimate Interest
- To investigate any issues reported to us via the web feedback form and to forward to other offices and/or affiliates to follow up as necessary, in order to resolve the issue.
- To periodically send, by postal mail, our latest product catalog unless you have previously opted out of receiving this catalog.
- Legitimate Interest
We have a Legitimate Interest in using your information, in the above scenarios, to develop our website using your feedback and to grow our business. Please see the section 8 below for additional information in relation to your rights in relation to the Personally Identifiable Information that you provide us with.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information
Your Personal Information may be disclosed:
- Between Novaetech Srl offices and/or our affiliates for:
- - The purposes of order fulfillment.
- - Local contact follow-up.
- - Local marketing related purposes.
- To our third party service providers who provide services such as:To third party content providers, to permit them to send you marketing communications, where you have consented to us doing this.
- - Website Hosting
- - Data Analysis
- - Payment Processing
- - Order/Delivery Fulfillment
- - Information Technology and Related Infrastructure Provision
- - Customer Services
- - E-mail Delivery
- - Catalogue Delivery
- - Auditing and other services.
- To third party sponsors of award programs, contests and similar promotions where you have consented to us doing this.
- Publicly by you, on message boards, chats, profile pages, blogs and other services to which you are able to post information and content hosted by Novaetech Srl.
5. Other Uses and Disclosures
We also may use and disclose your PII as we believe to be necessary or appropriate:
- To comply with any legal obligations to which we are subject. This may include laws outside your country of residence.
- To enforce our terms and conditions
- To protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others.
- We may use, disclose or transfer your information to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
6. Other Information
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate, or can be linked to, to an identifiable individual, such as:
- Browser and Device Information.
- Demographic Information and Other Information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity.
- Information that has been aggregated in a manner that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your:
- Computer type (Windows, Mac or Linux).
- Screen resolution.
- Operating system name and version.
- Device manufacturer and model.
- Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services you are using.
We use this information to ensure that our On-Line Services function properly. Uses and Disclosures of Other Information We may use and disclose Other Information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. In some instances, we may collect Other Information together with PII. If we do, we will treat the combined information as PII as long as it is combined or can be linked to PII.
7. Third Party Services
We are committed to using all reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect the Personal Information that you provide us with. When inputting information onto our website, sensitive information (such as credit or debit card information) is encrypted and protected via SSL encryption, and is subsequently transferred and tokenized by our payment provider, Novaetech Srl does not store your credit or debit card information on any of our systems. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure, please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below.
9. Choices and Access
Your choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information for Marketing Purposes We give you choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personally Identifiable Information for marketing purposes. You may opt-out from any of these services as follows:
- Receiving electronic communications from us: If you would like to withdraw your consent to receive marketing-related emails, you may opt-out by:Receiving our catalog: Receiving our catalog: If you no longer want to receive our product catalog, you may withdraw your consent by contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below or online
- Clicking the unsubscribe link in the email
- Contacting us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below
- Unsubscribing from our electronic newsletters or other email marketing online at https://openqcm.com/contact-support/email-newsletter/unsubscribe/.
- at: https://openqcm.com/subscribe-to-openqcm
- Your Right to be Forgotten: Your Right to be Forgotten: If you would like to withdraw your consent for us to contact you for direct marketing purposes, you may opt-out by contacting us in accordance with section 17 “Contacting Us”, below.
We will comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you withdraw consent to receive marketing related emails from us, we may still send you important administrative or order related messages.
10. How you can access, change or suppress your Personal Information
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or delete Personal Information that you have previously disclosed to us, you may contact us in accordance with the “Contacting Us” section below. Under the GDPR you have the following rights:
- Request access to your Personal Information.
- Request the correction and in some cases the deletion of your Personal Information.
- Request we restrict our use of your information where one or more of the circumstances set out in Article 18(1), GDPR applies.
- Request that wherever possible you be provided with copies of any information be provided in a structured, commonly used digital format.
- Object to the processing of your information for certain purposes unless there are compelling legitimate grounds which require our processing of your Personal Information to continue.
- Withdraw your consent to our use of your information where consent constitutes the lawful ground for processing.
In your request, please make clear what Personally Identifiable Information is affected and what changes you would like to make, or let us know what limitations you would like to put on our use of your Personal Information. A record of any changes, deletions or withdrawals of consent will be recorded solely for the purposes of complying with the Legal Obligations required under the GDPR. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. Where one of the circumstances specified in Article 17(1), GDPR applies you may request that we permanently delete any Personal Identifiable Information that we hold in respect of you.
11. Retention Period
We will only use and store your Personal Information for as long as it is required for the purposes it was collected for. How long it will be stored for depends on the information in question, what it is being used for and, sometimes, statutory legal requirements.
12. Use of “Novaetech Services” by Minors
“NOVAETECH Services” are not directed to individuals under the age of thirteen (13), and we do not knowingly collect Personally Identifiable Information from individuals under 13.
13. Cross-Border Transfers
Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage third party service providers in accordance with the terms outlined in section 7. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information. If you are located in the EEA: Some of the non-EEA countries are recognized by the European Commission as providing an adequate level of protection according to EEA standards (the full list of these countries is available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/international-transfers/adequacy/index_en.htm.) With regard to transfers of Personal Information that we may from time to time make to other countries, we have put in place measures, such as standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission to protect your Personal Information. You may obtain a copy of these measures by contacting us in accordance with the "Contacting Us" section below.
14. Sensitive Information
We ask that you not send us, and you not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us. Where unsolicited sensitive Personal Information is received it will be deleted unless there is a compelling and legitimate reason for it to be retained.
- UK based individuals is the Information Commissioner's Office (https://ico.org.uk/).
- Germany based individuals is the BFDI (https://www.bfdi.bund.de).
- France based individuals is the CNIL (https://www.cnil.fr/).
- Italy based individuals is the GPDP (https://www.garanteprivacy.it).
17. Contacting Us
- by email at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- by phone at +39 (0) 81 0320584
- by fax at +39 (0) 81 0111803
- by post at: